TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to National Association of Link Workers (NALW). The following pages create our Terms and Conditions of a contract between you and us, which covers:
- Your use of this website; and
- How we make our membership available to you.
- Your membership grants you licence to access and use the contents on our website owned by us.
- You are not allowed to commercialise our website of the content on it (E.g., you are not allowed to make money or attract advertising to another business by using our website.
- You can share our homepage URL with others but if you only link to part of our website or copy and paste parts of it, you WILL have to acknowledge where the content comes from.
- We are not responsible for the content on other websites that we might be linked with.
- You are not allowed to develop, support, or use software, devices, or scripts to scrape the content on this website.
- We comply with all relevant laws on Privacy and Data Protection – In general this means that we only collect and process the personal information for specific lawful purposes. We don’t’ collect and process what we don’t need for those purposes and we don’t keep the personal information for longer than is necessary.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Becoming a Member & Registering for our Courses
- When you register for our products and services through our website – and dependent on your membership level agreement will determine the level of access to learning, training, and other recourse which we make available.
- You need to be aware that our Partner organisations may have their own terms, policies, and procedures regarding your eligibility to participate in our course. If you do not meet those criteria, you will not be permitted to register for them on our platform.
- If you are given any credit or certification for a course from an external organisation, it can count towards your NALW CPD points requirements as per our CPD guidance.
- You may only use the content on our platform for your own personal, or career enhancement learning, and you are not allowed to adapt or distribute it to anyone else.
- The content on our platform is owned by us or by our Partners – You have no rights over that content except as provided by your contract with us.
- In some limited cases opportunities may arise where you may be invited to post your own content on our site. We do not make any claim to ownership of that content, however you do give us licence to use, display, exploit and sublicence it for any purpose associated with the provision of the website or courses. If you are invited to post your own content, you are responsible to make sure that it does not infringe the copyright or other rights of third parties, and you may be liable to them and us for any loss or damage that they or we might suffer for content you publish which infringes the rights of others.
- All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that we achieve 99% Uptime, and that this Website is operational 24-hours a day, every day. However, occasionally site maintenance and technical issues may result in some downtime.
- We work very closely with our developers and host to do everything possible to protect the operations and functions of this website, however in the very rare instance where this website might not be available, we will not be liable.
- Where possible we always try to give advance warning of scheduled maintenance, which may result in intermittent service, slow service, or Website down time, but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
Membership & Registration
Any visitor to our website can view it, however there are areas within our website which are restricted to our Registered Members.
By signing up to a membership licence package, you are agreeing to pay the annual membership fee, regardless of how little you have used the package.
When you create an account on our Website, it is important to remember that you are responsible for
- maintaining the security of your account
- ensuring that your member information details is kept accurate and up to date.
- all activities that occur within your account and any other actions taken in connection with the account.
When creating your membership account, you may be prompted for or required to enter additional information including your location and any other information that will help us to get to know you so that we can tailor our services and products for you.
You must not let anyone else use your account!
You must immediately notify firstname.lastname@example.org any unauthorized uses of your account or any other suspected breaches of security with regards to your account.
NALW will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Registration of a user requires the user to provide a valid e-mail address for communication between NALW and the user along with a valid name, and any other information as requested in the registration procedure is required.
You must also agree to comply with our Online Learning Terms.
- You will not let anyone else use your account.
- You will not cheat on any assignment, assessment or exam relating to the Online Content and Course, nor will you share solutions to any course assignments or exams.
- You will immediately notify email@example.com if you become aware of any members cheating or breaching these terms.
- If you are disqualified for any reason under any of the items listed in this section (Membership & Registration) be advised that we may prohibit your access or revoke your access temporarily or stop your participation in the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses.
- We provide facilities for organisations or all sizes to register for membership for their staff.
- As an organisation you can sponsors as many members of your staff as you feel necessary.
- We do not impose minimum or maximum sponsored memberships.
- Organisation who sponsored member accounts with 10 or more members. Can request to view their view group members’ CPD portfolios to monitor membership usage.
- Any credit accrued by a sponsored member within an organisation cannot transfer those credits to a new sponsored member in the event that the original sponsored member leaves your organisation!
The following applies to individuals who register for direct membership, and for sponsored members who have been nominated for a membership account by their employers.
When you register to become a member and take advantage on the membership features, forum, contents, and courses you are agreeing to the following terms.
- To adhere to the standards of professional conduct and practice as set out in our code of practice, achieve the minimum number of CPD points required per membership year as per our CPD guidance and regulations relating to the use of the “NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LINK WORKERS” Collective trademark and logos.
- By using this website and the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses, you confirm that you have read and agreed to and will comply with these Terms and our Policies (each as amended from time to time) to use this website to access Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses – you must be over 13-years of age to use this website!
- Your use and access to this website and the Online Content and Course are subject to the following conditions (Acceptable Usage) and you agree that failure to comply with any one of the Acceptable Use Conditions will constitute a breach of these terms.
Acceptable Usage Conditions
- You agree to use this website and access the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses for lawful purposes ONLY, and your use of the website, Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses is in no way unlawful or fraudulent and does not have the intention or effect of damaging us or our Partner Institutions either reputationally or financially.
- You agree to use or access our website or the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses for the purpose of contacting, harming, or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- You agree not to distribute all or any part of the website or Online Content or Course in any medium without our prior written consent, unless distribution is offered through the functionality of the website and permitted by these terms, including, without limitation.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of our website, the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses.
- You agree not to access our website, or the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Course through any technology other than that which we have provided by us other than generally accepted third-party web browsers such as Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox, or Safari.
- You agree that you will not attempt to circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with the security and/or security features of this website. This might include features which prevent or restrict the use of “Copy Content”.
- You agree not to knowingly transmit and data or send or submit any content which contains viruses, Trojan’s worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You agree not to use or access our website or Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses for any commercial uses or for the benefit of any third-party.
- You agree not to collect or harvest or unless in your contractual agreement request the contact details of other members. Or visitors to this website.
- You agree not to copy, reproduce, create derivative works of distribute, transmit, broadcast display, sell. Licence or otherwise exploit any content on the website including and without limitation to the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses for any purpose other than those permitted within these terms.
- You agree not to use our website, or the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Course in any way which is intended to damage, disable, overburden, or impair any NALW server, or network connected to the NALW website or server or infringe any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of any server or network connected to our website.
- You agree not to access, attempt to access any of our members account areas or falsely state, impersonate or otherwise misrepresent your identity; including but not limited to misrepresenting your affiliations with a person or entity past or present.
- You agree not to send, knowingly receive, submit, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with these Terms and Policies.
- You agree and acknowledge that the form and nature of the Website and the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses which we provide to our members may change from time to time, without prior notice to you.
- You agree that while we do all that we can to ensure the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses are of a high standard, you also understand and acknowledge that in using our website, our content, and courses you may be exposed to content from our Partner Institutions and may be factually inaccurate, offensive it taken out of context, or in some other way objectionable to you. NALW are not responsible legally or otherwise, for any claims you may have against us in relation to third-party, Partner or other external content.
- You agree and acknowledge that while we may stop permanently or temporarily providing this website, it’s content and courses or any parts of the content and courses to you our members and sponsored members for any reason and at our sole discretion and without prior notice.
- You agree that as a registered member of NALW services which are provided to you through our website members Login, you are responsible to the accuracy, safety, and security of your account area – this is achieved by you keeping your password strong and secret, not sharing access to your account area with anyone under any circumstances.
- We make certain that our online Course Content is available to our Registered Members and Sponsored Members as part of our contractual agreement with the Sponsoring Organisation.
- NALW is a not-for-profit organisation committed to Continued Professional Development (CPD) of our registered and Sponsored Members who occupy multi and cross disciplines in area associated with UK Link Workers.
- Please be advised that our Content and Course Provider Partners may have requirements or pre-requisites for you to be able to participate and receive the Accreditation for the Online Course you have participated in and your CPD Records as they may relate to your participation and performance in the online learning.
- We do all we can and as far as our contractual agreements with our Course providing Partners will allow – we do this to streamline your record of achievement, however, please be advised that some of our partners will manage your record of achievement themselves – in these cases you will be advised to contact our partners (where applicable) directly to receive the certified copies of your achievement records.
- NALW and the Course Administrator any our Partner platforms reserve the right to cancel, interrupt or reschedule any Online Content or Courses – in addition NALW and our partners reserve the right to modify, revise or alter our content as well as the associated values, assignments, tests, quizzes, exams, projects and other evaluation or progress without cause or notice to you.
- If any NALW member taking any Online Content or Course for Accreditation at a Partner Institution may only be awarded directly by that partner Institution based on its own policies and procedures and you may be required by that Partner Institution to be registered or enrolled with that Partner Institution in order to receive the Accreditation. In any event unless otherwise stipulated we will not have the authority or responsibility with respect of the award of the Accreditation.
- We again remind Organisation who sponsor their employees for membership and access to our content and courses that any Points earned by your named members of staff are NOT transferable and remain with the Named member of staff!
- Throughout the use of this website and the Membership Features, Online Content and Course, you may be (where applicable) able to provide content to the website by uploading notes and replies, join in online discussions, profile pages, other content and medial for social interaction as well as written assignments, surveys, questions, hypotheticals, examples etc collectively referred to as Member Content.
- NALW does not claim ownership of any Member Content you may submit or make available for inclusion on this website. Accordingly, when you upload any content as described above you are granting us the licence to use your content in the context of its submission by you. You, the member will be the sole and exclusive owner of the rights, title, and interest of the content which you have submitted.
- With respect to the members content which you have submitted to us or otherwise made available to us, you grant us an irrevocable, worldwide perpetual, Royalty free and non-exclusive licence to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt publicly display and exploit, with the right to sublicence such rights for any purpose associated with the provision of the Website and the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses. We reserve the right to remove any Member Content without notice at any time, and for any reason.
- To the extent that you provide any Member Content, you represent and warrant that:
- You have all the necessary rights and licences and/or permissions to provide such members Content and permit us to use your member Content as provided in the paragraphs above.
- Your Members Content is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief.
- With regards to your Members Content and us, you are responsible for the payment of any third-party fees related to the provision, publication and use of your Members Content.
- The use and/or publication of your Members Content does not and will not infringe or misappropriate any third-party rights or constitute a fraudulent statement or misrepresentation.
- With respect to any Member Content submission, you agree to comply with all applicable laws including but not limited to the laws of online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside. (This is particularly important to Members who reside outside the UK)
- The website and/or the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses may provide you with the ability to post notes and replies, take part in group discussions, submit assignments, or send similar messages and communications to our Partner Content Providers, other Members and/or us.
- By using any communications facilities provided by us on our website and in the members area you agree that the communications you will send are related to the subject matter and that you also agree that a such communications by you are subject to these Terms, The Policies, and our Code of Conduct.
- You agree and understand that in using any communication tools provided on our website, the Content and Courses, constitutes public communication, not private communication by you and the individuals and members you are communicating with except you have used the private messaging functionality.
- You agree that communications sent to or received from third-party service providers or other third parties are not endorsed, sponsored, or approved by us in any manner, unless explicitly stated by us.
- You agree and understand that most content will be reactively moderated if flagged by other Members or users of our website and/or Member’s area (if applicable) however we reserve the right to preview or review posts made by our members to ensure they comply with generally accepted standards of communication.
- You acknowledge and agree that the services as described in the above paragraphs maybe monitored and/or recorded for quality control purposes and that the information or material provided as part of the Service is included in these terms and is provided for educational purposes only.
Intellectual Property/Copyright & Licence to Use
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. All rights are reserved. None of this material may be reproduced or redistributed without NALW’s written permission.
- All specified products and data are deemed to be licensed to you by NALW, for your personal, non-commercial use only.
- NALW does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights of the products.
- NALW retains full and complete title to the products as well as all the intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce or convert any of the products. NALW owns all trademarks and logos, and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
- You may only use the content on our platform for your own personal learning and you are not allowed to adapt it or distribute any of it to anybody else.
- You must abide by all copyright notices or restrictions contained on this website and the Membership Features, Forum, Online Content and Courses. You are NOT allowed to delete ant attributions, legal or proprietary notices on our website, the content, or courses irrespective of whether the content and courses are NALW original material, or material provided to us by our Partner Providers.
- You may be able to post your own content on our site. We don’t make any claim to ownership of that content, but you do give us a licence to use, display, exploit and sublicense it for any purposes associated with the provision of the website or our membership.
Exclusions of Liability
- NALW will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information and resources are accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained in the courses or resources.
- We do not guarantee that the material will be fault free and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- NALW makes no representation whatsoever regarding the content of any other websites, which you may access from the courses or our websites.
- You are responsible for making sure the content of what you post do not infringe the copyright or other rights of third parties, and you may be liable to them and to us for any loss or damage that they or we suffer for content you publish which infringes the rights of others.
Currency, Exchange Rate, VAT
- You may pay in GBP or have the currency converted.
- NALW exchange rates used are market rates and determined by our third-party financial service provider.
- We use Stripe to process Membership Fees and to make additional purchases within our product and service offering.
- Stripe have their own Terms and Policies – you can read them here
- Quoted fees will include VAT from May 2021 which is chargeable in the UK at 20%.
- Unless you notify NALW before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel your renewal, your subscription will automatically renew, and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual subscription for such Renewal using any credit card or other payment medium we have on record for you.
- A subscription can be cancelled at any time in the My Account and Billing section of your dashboard.
- Request for manual payment via invoice will attract a 20% administration fee. This fee is waived for accounts of 10 or more.
Cancellation and Termination
- If you wish to cancel your Subscription, you can do so by logging into your account and proceeding with this option through the billing section menu. If you are unable to find this option within the billing section or if you have questions or need assistance, please contact Support and they can assist you with the cancellation process.
- You will remain liable for all charges accrued on your account up to the time that you downgrade or cancel your Subscription, including usage fees for the month in which you cancelled, provided however that if you cancel your Subscription within the first fourteen (14) days of opening your NALW Account and have not completed any course, you will receive a refund of your Subscription fee.
- Upon cancellation of your Subscription, NALW is under no obligation to maintain or store your account information or Content. NALW may, at its option, either delete your information and Content immediately or retain it (in full or in part) in accordance with NALW’s processes and practices.
- NALW reserves the right at any time, and without cost, charge, or liability, to terminate this Agreement at its sole discretion for any reason, including, but not limited to, a failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement. In addition, NALW may, in its sole discretion, at any time, temporarily or permanently suspend access to your account, Subscription or Services for any violation or suspected violation of this Agreement.
- NALW also reserves the right to deny access to anyone, including, but not limited to those users who use proxy servers and/or IP addresses residing in certain geographical areas outside of United Kingdom. NALW reserves the right to terminate any portion of the Site at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
- The NALW no-risk money back guarantee offers that, if at any time within the first 14 days of opening your paid Account you decide that NALW is not for you and provided you have not completed more than 20% of the courses and not attended any event, then just let our awesome support team know (we make it easy!).
- We will stop your Subscription and issue you a refund. Your request for a refund must be received within 24 business hours of the 14 days of the date and time of opening your paid Account. While some refunds may be instant, refund credit can take up to 5 – 10 business days to show up in your credit card statement.
- If adequate notice is not received and your credit card is subsequently charged, you will not receive a refund. Refund request for subscriptions not cancelled before the renewal date will be subject to 10% administration charge provided the request within the first 14 days of the automatic renewal. Renewal reminders are sent out before expiry and you may cancel before the renewal date free of charge.
- On occasion, NALW may offer purchase incentives in the form of subscription discount codes. Discount codes are applied on an introductory basis, meaning that are only applied for the first term of the subscription selected.
- Discount codes do not perpetuate with the life of the subscription. After your initial term has passed, subscriptions will be charged the regular price.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- NALW membership fees are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from NALW. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the NALW website or via email.
- NALW reserves the right at any time to time to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- NALW shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
These Terms, your use and access to the Website are governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
We may modify these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the modified terms and conditions on the website.
For further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org