The National Association of Link Workers is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We take care to protect the privacy of our customers and users of our products and services.
- How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data,
- Directly from you
- From the organisation you work for when they subscribe to our services
- What information do we collect and what do we do with it?
We only collect information that we need and know we will genuinely use, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The type of information that we will collect about you, and which you voluntarily provide to us through this website includes:
- Your name
- Organisation details
- Job title
- Email address
- Survey & quiz responses
- IP address
- Billing details
- Why we collect and process your personal data
The legal basis for processing your data is to provide our services and products to you, in the performance of our contract with you, or the performance of our contract which your employer.
We also collect and process your personal data, to comply with our legal obligations, such as the proper administration of our business and for legitimate business interest reasons, which we will have discussed with you or your employer prior to having entered into your service agreement with us.
- How we use your information
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints which you have made, when you contacted us.
- Make available our products and services to you.
- Process your orders.
- Take payment from you or give you a refund.
- For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about our products, websites, as well as other services and activities. For example, occasionally we may invite you to review a product or service you have bought from us or used.
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, so we can better serve you.
- To send you emails about National Association of Link Workers and related course(s), registration, course content, your course progress, membership or other related information and updates. We may also use your email to inform you about changes to a course or event.
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you may have.
- How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with your personal information on our website, we will ask you for your consent so that we can provide our services and products to you.
In cases where you employer is a member of our organisation, and where they have made our products and services available under their agreement with us, they will have provided initial consent on your behalf to provide us with your name and your work email address.
Any additional information that you provide within your part of our members portal is provided by you voluntarily! You will be asked to consent to our collecting and using your personal information for the specific reason described on our website and in your members area.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason. We will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
- How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you can change your mind at any time and may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data.
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk).
- How you can access, update or delete your data
To easily access, view, update, amend your personal data (where available), or to update your account notification preferences, please sign into your Account, through the membership Log-in on our website or through our App.
If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any services and products purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
If you are unable for any reason to access your Account Settings, you may contact us on email@example.com
- For more information about your privacy rights
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly. You can access them here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
- How long we keep your information for
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will retain your personal information as long as you or your employer are active members of our organisation.
In the event that you leave your employer and your employer is a member of our organisation ALL your data including the record of and CPD Points you may have accrued by taking any of the courses we provide, will be deleted within 30-day of being notified by your employer that you have left their company.
This gives you time to download your record of the CPD Points you have accrued.
If you are an independent worker and choose to cancel your membership, you will be given 30-days to down the full record of the personal data that you provided us with along with your CPD Points Record – once this 30-days has elapsed your data in its entirety will be irretrievably deleted from our systems.
We will never retain your information for longer than is necessary in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and our retention policy after which it will be destroyed, unless otherwise required by law.
Data security is of great importance to National Association of Link Workers and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, technical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
If you make a purchase on our site, we use a third-party payment processor such as Stripe or Paypal. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.
We collect cookies or similar tracking technologies. This means information that our website’s server transfers to your computer. This information can be used to track your session on our website. Cookies may also be used to customize our website content for you as an individual. If you are using one of the common Internet web browsers, you can set up your browser to either let you know when you receive a cookie or to deny cookie access to your computer.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
- Web Analysis Tools
We may use web analysis tools that are built into the NALW website to measure and collect anonymous session information. We do this so that we can understand how you use our website and to improve the resources and your user experience.
- Sharing with trusted third parties.
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third-party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Serving advertisements
- Performing analysis of our services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by way of email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are the age of consent in your country, state or province of residence.
If our site or course is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products and services to you.
- How to contact us
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, have questions or simply want more information please contact us on email@example.com